- The libibbudy is a loadable library to control the i-buddy device for many unixes.
The libibbudy API
- The libibbudy API description
Utilities / Demo applications
The libibuddy is released with a sample CLI tool called ibuddycmd. With this tool you can easily control the i-Buddy device from the command line.
With the ibuddycmd tool, you can drive the i-buddy from the command line. By design, the command can only handle one i-buddy device, the first found in the devices list.
ibuddycmd [id] <command> [args]
Th id is the iBuddy number in the usb scan list. First iBuddy ID is O. If not provided, this argument will be 0 by default.
The command can be :
- reset : without args to reset the i-buddy state
- flip : makes a body flip (right/left) Two optional args can be used to set the number of flips and the delay between each flip.
- flap : makes a wings flap Two optional args can be used to set the number of flips and the delay between each flip.
- headcolor : changes the head color One optional argument can be used to specify the color as a combination of the three colors, ‘r’ for red, ‘g’ for green, ‘b’ for the blue.
flip & flap arguments
- The first arg is the number of times the action is repeated
- the second arg is the delay in milliseconds between each action
- change the head color to light blue (blue + green) ibuddycmd headcolor bg
- flap wings 5 times with a delay of 10 seconds ibuddycmd flap 5 5000
- flip body 7 times ibuddycmd 7
The latest version is the v0.0.2, see GitHub.
v0.0.1 : changelog for details.
The code is delivered under BSD License